Senior Lawyers Section
Welcome to the Rank of Senior Lawyer
The Senior Lawyers Section is geared toward lawyers aged 55 years and counting or who have been in practice in any jurisdiction for 25 years. The section hosts an annual meeting and CLE program, social activities, and a newsletter. CLE programs focus on issues such as ethics, computer use, retirement strategies, and appellate procedures.
Pursuant to the section's bylaws, anyone may join the section, although section leadership and voting privileges are limited to active member of the Washington State Bar Association 55 years of age or older or who has been in practice in any jurisdiction for 25 years may be enrolled as a member of the section upon request and payment of annual section dues. Additionally, in accordance with the bylaws of the WSBA, law students may join the section as nonvoting subscriber members.
For those of you who are not already members of the Senior Lawyers Section, consider joining this enthusiastic group by signing up now. In the words of past Chairman Fred Frederickson, "We have the best time of any section in the Association. Our longtime friends and compatriots at the Bar have much to offer each other."
The section's publication, Life Begins, is geared toward active senior lawyers. Section members are encouraged to submit articles of general interest and on legal issues.
Announcing the latest issue of Life Begins, the Senior Lawyers Section newsletter!
Winter 2020-2021 - Read it here.
Upcoming Webinar: Got Food? How Law and Technology Will Impact What is on Your Plate
Washington farms are at a pivot point. Many farms are looking to the future and developing and adopting new technologies and processes to remain viable. However, possible farming solutions must also comply with numerous laws and regulations including wage and hour, food safety, H-2A visas, and even FFA regulations. Join us for a lively discussion of developments in agriculture and agriculture law.
Section List Serve
- This is a "closed" list serve, which means it is not open to anyone not currently subscribed. Only current subscribers of the list serve can receive/send email to the list serve.
- Please note that the name of the list serve will be automatically added before the subject line of your message. The list name will appear in brackets. This allows you to use the list serve name as a filter when receiving email messages and setting up rules that you use to manage your email folders.
- This list serve allows attachments; however, the total message size including attachments is limited to 5 megabytes.
- Please review the List Serve Guidelines before sending messages to the list serve.
- If you have questions about the list serve, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To send a message to everyone currently subscribed to this list, address your message to email@example.com. This is the "list address." The list serve will automatically distribute the email to all subscribers.
- A subject line is required on all email messages sent to the list serve.
- Include a signature block at the bottom of the message, or some other contact information (i.e. name and email address or phone number).
Responding to Messages
When you use "Reply" to respond to an email sent to the list serve, your message will go only to the author of the email. When you use "Reply All," your message will go to the author and to all members of the list serve.
WSBA Member Benefits
Did you know there are several important member benefits and tools that come with WSBA membership including professional liability insurance and Casemaker? You can also find group medical insurance plans can be found through a broker and individual plans can be found through a broker or on the Exchange.
Chair: Eleanor Doermann
Secretary: Albert Armstrong III
Treasurer: Ronald E. Thompson
Newsletter Contact, "Life Begins":
Board of Governors Liaison*: Tom McBride
The Executive Committee of the Senior Lawyers Sections meets on the third Tuesday of each month (except December, July, and August) 10:30 a.m. to noon. Meetings have taken place at the Broadmoor Golf Club, 2340 Broadmoor Drive E, Seattle, WA 98112, but are currently being held virtually via Zoom.
Please contact Eleanor Doermann for further details on upcoming meetings.
For general section questions, please send your email address and Bar number to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information and to get involved with the section, please contact the section Chair Eleanor Doermann.