The WSBA Insurance Marketplace offers a broad level of choice and concierge-level of support designed for solo and small practitioners, and employer groups alike. Options available include:
- Group Health Insurance (fully insured, self, and level-funded options)
- Individual Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
WSBA members will have access to plans not available on the public exchange and expert assistance from Member Benefits, which will be sending an email to members with more details about the exchange.
The 2021 Open Enrollment dates will be posted here in the Fall 2020. Members can find more information at wsba.memberbenefits.com.
2020 Market Updates
- HB 2408 mandates that as of 2020 any insurer offering coverage to school employees must offer individual plans in the same regions they offer school employee coverage. This has increased the offerings of plans for 2020.
- All counties will have an insurer available meaning there will be no “bare” counties for 2020. Two insurers will be available in 31 of the 39 counties as compared to just 14 in 2019.
- Overall decrease of 3.27% in the individual market for 2020.
- HB 1065 protects insureds from unexpected balance billing when going out of network. Controls include, for example, an insured cannot be billed in emergency situations and all carriers must maintain adequate networks.
- Short-term medical plans can now be offered in Washington with up to three-month terms. Currently there is no product being offered, but we may see them pop up in 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the plan options and coverage?
A. Health insurance continues to be a significant pain point across the country. As such, WSBA offers this new private health insurance exchange as an additional option for consideration. While insurance plan options are available at competitive rates, WSBA does not have the ability to ensure what type of coverage is available for any individual member.
As is the custom for health insurance carriers, plan options and areas of coverage will not be finalized until enrollment period opens on Nov. 1.
Q. Who can I contact for more information?
A. We advise you to contact a benefit counselor through our health insurance exchange administrator, Member Benefits, at 800-282-8626 or through wsba.memberbenefits.com. Starting on Nov. 1, you will be able to review all of your available options for 2020 and see the specific plans and rates available in your county.