Manage Your Student Loans
"We are broke, buried in debt, and struggling to find entry-level opportunities. These opportunities eventually come, but the period between when you take the bar exam and the first real job can be extremely difficult."
— A WSBA New Lawyer
Find information on:
- Financial Focus CLEs
- Resources from law schools in Washington state
- Links to websites and articles about student loan management
- Information on refinancing your loans
- Additional information and resources
All materials provided by external sources represent the views of the respective authors and do not necessarily carry the endorsement of the Washington State Bar Association or its Board of Governors.
Washington Young Lawyer Committee Financial Focus CLE
The WSBA understands and recognizes that the student loan debt burden faced by those graduating from law school is a real and serious crisis facing new professionals today. The WYLC has developed CLEs free to members in their first five years of practice to address these issues.
- Financial Focus (August 2019)
Resources at Washington Law Schools
- Gonzaga School of Law: Financial Aid Office
- Gonzaga School of Law: Loan Repayment Assistance
- Seattle University School of Law: Student Financial Services
- Seattle University School of Law: Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- University of Washington School of Law: Loan Repayment Assistance Program
- University of Washington School of Law: Student Financial Aid
Links and Tools to Help You Manage Your Student Loan Debt
- Federal Student Aid — An Office of the U.S. Department of Education
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program — An Office of the U.S. Department of Education
- Guide to Repaying Your Federal Student Loans — An Office of the U.S. Department of Education
Refinancing Student Loan Debt
- Article: Student Loan Refinancing Guide - The Big Law Investor
- Quick Reference Guide: Repaying Student Loans — FinAid.org (PDF)
- WSBA Lending Library resources for new members.
- WSBA Connects offers financial planning consultations.
- Article: Private Loan Publications and Resources — The Institute for College Access & Success
- Ask Heather Jarvis, Student Loan Expert — AskHeatherJarvis.com
- Article: The Top 10 Student Loan Tips for Recent Graduates — The Institute for College Access & Success
- Repaying Student Debt — Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Article: Do You Hate Paying Off Debt? — The Big Law Investor