MCLE Compliance. The MCLE Board recognizes the significant effects and practice restrictions WSBA Licensed Legal Professionals are experiencing due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Below are resources and options available to all licensed legal professionals, including those professionals in the 2018-2020 reporting period:
- Remember, you do not have to attend live or real-time seminars to earn MCLE credits. You may earn all your CLE credits by viewing or listening to recorded events such as webinars, MP3s, or DVDs.
- You can earn free and low-cost CLE credits through WSBA CLE and partners that are offering free and low cost CLEs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. WSBA CLE also offers free CLEs monthly through our popular Legal Lunchbox webcast series.
- If you can’t afford to attend webinars or purchase CLE products, ask the MCLE team for a list of accredited sponsors who offer free and low-cost CLEs.
- You can earn free CLE credits by providing pro bono services through a qualified legal services provider (APR 11(e)(7)), or by participating in a structured mentoring program (APR 11(e)(8)).
- If you are due to report MCLE credits at the end of 2020 and are facing a hardship related to COVID-19 or other reasons, you may petition the MCLE Board for an extension or modification of the MCLE requirements. For instructions on how to fill out and submit an undue hardship form please contact the MCLE team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In light of Gov. Inslee’s "Stay Home-Stay Healthy" issued March 23, our staff will be working remotely. In order to facilitate timely processing of questions and documents, we ask that you please submit all queries and documentation via email to email@example.com. There will be some delay in processing all paper documentation. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.