The Board of Governors Legislative Committee is comprised of 11 members who meet weekly just before and throughout the legislative session. The Committee's primary purpose is to consider legislation of interest to the WSBA and provide guidance as needed to the Bar's Outreach and Legislative Affairs staff, who typically present legislation for review to the Committee. The Committee is authorized, after consideration of GR 12 and subject to the procedural requirements of the WSBA Bylaws, to take a position on legislation on behalf of the WSBA.
Frequently Asked Questions: WSBA legislative activity and ESHB 1788 — information from the Board Legislation Committee
2019–2020 Board of Governors Legislative Committee Members
- Kyle Sciuchetti, Committee Chair, Board of Governors President-Elect
- Brian Tollefson, Committee Vice-Chair
- Rajeev Majumdar, Board of Governors President
- Bill Pickett, Immediate Past President
- Carla Higginson, Governor, District 2
- Dan Clark, Governor, District 4
- Jean Kang, Governor, District 7–South
- Paul Swegle, Governor, District 7–North
- Kim Hunter, Governor, District 8
- Tom McBride, Governor, District 10
- Alec Stephens, Governor At-Large
- Terra Nevitt, WSBA Interim Executive Director
The Board of Governors Legislative Committee meets weekly during each legislative session and other times throughout the year via conference call. Meeting minutes will be be uploaded below as meetings occur through the duration of the legislative session.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Washington State Bar Association Board of Governors Legislative Committee, pursuant to RCW 42.30.080, that a special meeting of the Committee will be held on:
Date: CANCELED March 27, 2020
Time: 9 a.m.
Members of the committee will participate via conference call. Call-in instructions are pasted below for members of the public who would like to attend telephonically. The purpose of the Special Meeting is for the Committee to discuss, deliberate, and take potential final action regarding the following agenda items:
- Letter regarding civil rights protections
No final disposition regarding any matter will occur at the special meeting except as indicated on this notice.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please email to Adam Ray or call 206-727-8278.
Instructions for public call in: 866-577-9294, access code #54940
You are not required to state your name to join this meeting. If the conference call provider message asks that you state your name, you may press #, without stating your name, and you will be connected to the meeting.
Dec. 12: agenda
Nov. 26: agenda
April 29: agenda