In light of Gov. Inslee’s "Stay Home-Stay Healthy" issued March 23, our staff will be working remotely. In order to facilitate timely processing of questions and documents, we ask that you please submit all queries and documentation via email to email@example.com. There will be some delay in processing all paper documentation. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Thank you for your patience.
MCLE Requirements for Lawyer Licensure
Lawyers, administrative law judges, and house counsel licensed under Washington Supreme Court Admission and Practice Rule (APR) 8(f) must complete:
- 45 approved MCLE credits in total every applicable three-year reporting period, including:
- At least 15 law and legal procedure credits
- At least 6 ethics credits
- You may carry over to the next reporting period up to 15 excess credits, including 2 ethics and professional responsibility credits.
- You cannot earn more than 8 credits in a day.
- Earn credits by Dec. 31 of the third year of your reporting period.
- Certify credits by Feb. 1 of the year following your reporting period.
- A late fee will be assessed if you complete your credit requirements after Dec. 31, or if you certify after Feb. 1. The MCLE late fee starts at $150 and increases in increments of $300 for each consecutive late reporting period.
Using the MCLE Online System
Login to your MCLE Online System account to:
- View your roster
- Search for approved courses
- via the Find CLEs link on the My Activities tab
- Report an activity
- Lawyers licensed in Oregon, Idaho, or Utah can submit a Comity Certificate of MCLE compliance from that respective state along with a $25 comity fee in lieu of credit compliance. Lawyers can log into the MCLE Online System and submit a Comity Certificate. In order to be valid, Comity Certificates cannot have been issued more than 6 months prior to submission date.
- Lawyers can log into the MCLE Online System and request a Comity Certificate through the Request Comity Certificate link on the left side of the screen. This Comity Certificate can be submitted in lieu of credit reporting in Oregon, Idaho, or Utah (subject to each state’s acceptance). Comity Certificate can be issued for a fee of $25. The Comity Certificate will be available for download for 6 months from issue date.
Note : Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the Bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, Bylaws and policies.