If you are concerned about a lawyer who may be struggling with a substance abuse or mental health issue, we encourage you to contact the Member Wellness Program at 206-727-8268. This phone consultation is confidential (APR 19) and is your opportunity to discuss your concerns with an experienced clinician.
- We can educate you about mental health symptoms or signs of addiction.
- We can refer you to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, hospitals, and mental health workers throughout the state of Washington.
- We can give you advice about communicating with the lawyer.
- We can help you encourage the lawyer to contact the Member Wellness Program for consultation or phone therapy.
- In some instances, we can send a letter to the lawyer. We do not name the caller.
We do not share our information with the Office of Disciplinary Counsel, which has a separate grievance process.