Important COVID-19 Updates
- Washington Supreme Court Order No. 25700-B-609
- WSBA Disciplinary Board Chair and Chief Hearing Officer Administrative Order (Rescinded)
- Revised and Extended Disciplinary Board Chair and Chief Hearing Officer Administrative Order (Rescinded; April 21, 2020, update)
- Revised and Extended Disciplinary Board Chair and Chief Hearing Officer Administrative Order (Rescinded; May 6, 2020, update)
- Administrative Order Rescinding Disciplinary Board Chair and Chief Hearing Officer Administrative Orders Pursuant to Supreme Court Order 25700-B-697 (Nov. 3, 2022, update)
Please note that all filings, including any requests for review of this order, should be electronically filed by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also provide notice to the opposing party.
The Disciplinary Board reviews lawyer discipline decisions.
The Board is made up of all the review committee members, plus the Disciplinary Board chair and vice-chair. The full Board meets six times each year. The Board reviews hearing officer recommendations for suspension and disbarment when a timely request for review or appeal is filed or sua sponte review is ordered, and automatically reviews stipulations for suspensions or disbarment. The Board also reviews decisions and stipulations in disability matters. Some of the Board’s decisions and orders can be appealed to the Supreme Court. Even when not appealed, Board orders and decisions are transmitted to the state Supreme Court for final action. The Board holds public oral arguments in some cases. These arguments are open to the public.
Oral Argument Schedule
Review Committees of the Disciplinary Board
We have four review committees. Each committee has two lawyer members and one community representative. Each review committee meets three times per year. The committee reviews requests from the Office of Disciplinary Counsel for public hearings, admonitions and recommendations regarding trust account audits. It also reviews decisions of the Office of Disciplinary Counsel to dismiss grievances, where the grievant has requested a review. These meetings are not open to the public.
See more information about review committees, orders and meeting dates.
Disciplinary Board clerk: Allison Sato
Counsel to the Disciplinary Board: Nicole Gustine