Volunteers are vital to the work of the WSBA and the legal community. Year after year, WSBA members and members of the public and staff work together to further the mission of the WSBA which is to serve the public and the members, ensure the integrity of the legal profession and to champion justice.
Volunteers provide important skills, experiences and perspectives that are needed to affect the direction of the organization.
The Guiding Principles of WSBA Volunteerism are:
- Volunteers and staff work together in partnership to further the mission of the WSBA
- We leverage the unique experiences, knowledge and contributions of staff and volunteers
- Volunteers are central and important to accomplishing our shared goals
- Staff and volunteers share mutual respect.
Interested in volunteering with WSBA?
Complete the Volunteer Interest Form. This form is not an application. The 2021 Application and Selection Cycle opens March 15, 2021. More information will be posted soon! For questions, please email email@example.com.
Please take a look at the volunteer opportunities below.
Serve on a Committee, Board or Section Executive Committee
- Run for the WSBA Board of Governors
- Join a WSBA Committee or Board
- Learn more about WSBA Sections
- Serve as a WSBA representative to another organization
Provide legal services to the public
- Assist veterans through the Call to Duty program
- Join the reduced-fee Moderate Means panel
- Provide pro bono help to your community
Educate the legal profession
- Help develop or present a CLE program or new lawyer educational program
- Write for WSBA's Bar News magazine or NWSidebar blog
Help regulate the legal profession
Volunteer opportunities for the public
Submit this short online form to learn how anyone can get involved with the legal community by volunteering at WSBA.
Current volunteers, see our Volunteer Toolbox.