Board of Governors Elections
The WSBA Board of Governors focuses on policy, leadership, strategy, and oversight of the organization. Service on the Board requires vision, leadership, diplomacy, and passion in pursuit of the WSBA's mission to serve the public and the members of the WSBA, to ensure the integrity of the legal profession and to champion justice.
Make an Impact. Serve Your Profession. Join the Board of Governors
Notice of Upcoming Election: The Governor At Large Election will begin Monday, May 16 and end at 5 p.m. PST Wednesday, June 1. All active WSBA members are eligible to vote in this election and should receive an e-ballot on May 16.
Your electronic ballot will appear as follows:
From: WSBA Election Admin firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: WSBA Board of Governors Elections
For questions regarding the At Large election, please email email@example.com.
Learn About the Candidates - info coming soon!
President-elect is determined by a vote of the current members of the Board of Governors. Candidates will be interviewed and the vote via secret ballot will take place at the upcoming May 19-20, 2022 meeting in Spokane, Washington.
The Congressional District Elections for Districts 2, 9 and 10 have concluded.
Congratulations to the new Congressional District Governor-elects:
District 2: Kari Petrasek
District 9: Kevin Fay
District 10: Nam Nguyen
The complete election results are as follows:
Kari Petrasek, 242 votes (65.9%)
G. Geoffrey Gibbs, 125 votes (34.1%)
Total Votes: 367 (21.41% of electorate)
Kevin Fay (declared the winner)
Nam Nguyen, 262 votes (69.9%)
Patrick Rawnsley, 113 votes (30.1%)
Total Votes: 375 (19.32%)
The election results were certified by an Election Board appointed by the WSBA President. The Election Board members were James Doane, Thea Jennings and, Russell Knight.
More Information and Important Dates
All Applicants should note these dates and plan to attend.
- May 19–20: Congressional Districts candidates elected (Governors-elect) to serve on the Board of Governors should plan to attend this Board meeting in Spokane. Virtual attendance available.
- July 21–22: All Candidates elected (Governor-elects) to serve on the Board of Governors should plan to attend the New Governor Orientation and Meeting held on these dates in Tacoma, WA and virtually.
- Sept. 22–23: Candidates elected to serve on the WSBA Board of Governors will be sworn in at this meeting and should plan to attend in Bellevue and virtual.
Service on the WSBA Board of Governors
Is Board Service Right For You?
- Review the 'Serving on the WSBA Board of Governors' Overview.
- For the next cycle, the application information will be posted in January 2023. Per WSBA Bylaws, the application deadline for the Congressional seats is February 15, 2023 and the application deadline for Governor At Large is April 17, 2023.
- In 2023, the WSBA will be seeking applicants for the following seats: Congressional Districts 3, 6, 7 North, 7 and Governor At Large.
- Email Volunteer Engagement Advisor Paris Eriksen if interested or have any questions.
Notice of WSBA COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Policy
In 2021, the WSBA Board of Governors approved a policy requiring all WSBA volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to participate in an in-person WSBA meeting or event. This policy is inclusive of the Board of Governors. More information.