2020 License Renewal
Steps, fees, and deadlines for annual license renewal
Steps to Renew
For all licensed legal professionals:
- Pay license fee.
- May join or renew WSBA Sections.
Additional steps for Active licensed legal professionals:
- Pay Client Protection Fund assessment (only Lawyers and LLLTs).
- File trust account information.
- File professional liability insurance or financial responsibility.
- Certify MCLE compliance in your reporting year.
Dec. 31, 2019: Active licensed legal professionals in the 2017-2019 reporting period must complete required MCLE credits.
Feb. 3, 2020: License renewal, payment and MCLE certification must be completed online, postmarked or delivered to WSBA.
Status: 2020 License Fee + Client Protection Fund assessment
Active Lawyer — Admitted to ANY bar prior to 2018: $458 + $30
Active Lawyer — Admitted to ANY bar in 2018 or 2019: $229 + $30
Active LLLT — Admitted prior to 2018: $200 + $30
Active LLLT — Admitted in 2018 or 2019: $100 + $30
Active LPO — Admitted prior to 2018: $200
Active LPO — Admitted in 2018 or 2019: $100
Inactive/Emeritus Pro Bono Lawyer: $200
Inactive LLLT or LPO: $100