There are almost 600,000 U.S. military veterans in our state. Many veterans are facing barriers, including legal barriers, to successful reintegration into civilian life.
WSBA Call to Duty is designed to inform, inspire, and involve volunteer attorneys in meeting the legal needs of veterans and their families. We strive to provide you the tools and training to put your legal skills to work.
Take the Pledge
The WSBA Call to Duty pledge asks you to commit to serving Washington veterans in 2018.
I pledge to serve veterans this year in one or more of the following ways:
- Use my legal skills to advise a nonprofit organization that serves veterans
- Mentor those who take pro bono cases serving veterans
- Teach a CLE on veteran legal issues
- Volunteer with the WA Vets Will Clinic
- Take a low-fee veteran's case through the WSBA Moderate Means Program
- Take a veteran’s case pro bono
- Become certified to take a VA benefits case