If you are concerned about a lawyer who may be struggling with a substance abuse or mental health issue, we encourage you to contact the Lawyers Assistance Program at 206-727-8268. This phone consultation is confidential (APR 19) and is your opportunity to discuss your concerns with an experienced clinician.
- We can educate you about mental health symptoms or signs of addiction.
- We can refer you to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, hospitals, and mental health workers throughout the state of Washington.
- We can give you advice about communicating with the lawyer.
- We can help you encourage the lawyer to contact LAP for consultation or phone therapy.
- In some instances, we can send a letter to the lawyer. We do not name the caller.
We do not contact lawyers by phone. We do not share our information with the Office of Disciplinary Counsel, which has a separate grievance process.