Foreign Law Consultants

APR 14 Limited Practice Rule for Foreign Law Consultants

If you are a lawyer licensed to practice law in a foreign country, this license permits you to consult and advise about the law of that country while in Washington state.

Please read APR 14 for all the limitations and responsibilities.

How to Apply for the Foreign Law Consultant License

Complete the Application for APR 14 and file it with the WSBA.

You must also submit an investigation fee directly to the National Conference of Bar Examiners, using the NCBE Payment Form.

If you have any questions about the Foreign Law Consultant license, or if you prefer to have an application mailed to you, please contact the Admissions Department at or 206-727-8209. 

Any discrepancy or conflict between the information provided here and the rules and regulations set by the Washington Supreme Court, or the bylaws and policies of the Washington State Bar Association, is unintentional and will be resolved in favor of strict compliance with the rules, regulations, bylaws and policies.